Mental health problems affect 1 in 4 people in the UK each year. It is a diverse group of conditions, ranging from anxiety and mood disorders to psychotic illness and personality disorders.
I have knowledge and experience in assessing and treating a range of mental health conditions in adults. Regardless of the type or the causes of the problem, I believe in treating the whole person, rather than just the symptoms of a disease.
Conditions I commonly treat:
- Stress, low self-esteem, anxiety and depression
- Self-harm and suicidal feelings
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Bipolar disorder, hypomania and mania
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Personality disorders
- Hearing voices and paranoia (drug induced psychosis, schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder)